Sunday, December 12, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me...and Possibly to You too.

Now, it's no secret that I love the holidays. And who wouldn't with this under tree?



Anyway, part of the reason I love this time of year is that it has become a tradition for my mom, my sis-in-law and I to be a part of the Black Friday madness.  The three of us venture out into the cold, dark craziness with coffee in our hands looking for the best deals in town.  And every year I find myself defending this outing to people who do not attempt it.  There really are good deals! And I really do get most, if not all, of my Christmas shopping done.  (These are the defense sentences used to those Black Friday non-believers). 

This year though...I went out shopping with one goal in mind - to get my very own breadmaker. At four in the morning, at Kohl's, I did just that. Since I ususally don't buy too many things for myself on Black Friday, I walked out of Kohl's, breadmaker in hand, thinking "Merry Christmas to me!"

And now, my new obsession is finding bread recipes (or jam since my very cool breadmaker can make jam, too).  Some of my new creations? Pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, honey spice and plain ol' yummy whole wheat bread! I am enjoying how fun it is to find and try new recipes while my hubby is definitely enjoying the added benefit of fresh bread in the morning with his coffee - although he says I'm cheating since my breadmaker does it all for me (this said while eating a very yummy piece of cinnamon bread).












So, if you find yourself with a loaf of bread on your doorstep this holiday season...you'll know who it's from! :)
Merry Christmas, everyone!

P.S.
If you have a very cool breadmaker like mine...message me for the recipes because they are very tasty! Pictured is the honey spice bread, probably one of our favorites but up next is an apple bread that is sure to be just as good!

3 comments:

  1. I hope I get a loaf on my door step!!!! Love your blog spot! And that is the BEST & CUTEST gift under your tree!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm hoping to score a good after Christmas sale on a breadmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shondra...
    Keep Kohl's in mind! I always forget to look there for home goods, but they have some good stuff and for good prices too!
    Once you get one, let me know! I will pass these recipes on...they are definitely worth trying!

    ReplyDelete