Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poppin Up Everywhere

Starbucks has a whole new menu for their anniversary (have you noticed their new cups?). And on that new menu are a bunch of new treats, including cake pops.  Now, apparently these have been around for some time...there's even a whole cookbook dedicated to them.  But of course, when do they start becoming popular? When Starbucks starts selling them. But since I'm a newly converted do-it-yourselfer, I decided to try my hand at these tasty treats. I thought I would make them for my son's first birthday party coming up...which on a side note, it is absolutely CRAZY that my baby is going to one year old...but as any good baker knows, you need to test out the recipe before you attempt the real thing. So here's my attempt at cake pops...








Here's a shot of the inside...you can use any cake mix so I chose funfetti cake mix.



You'll have to forgive the Christmas sprinkles...they were all I had!

I think we'll file this experiment under the "Success" category. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment